Friday 4 February 2022

C.D.C Urges KN95 Mask Usage- Get Your Certified Genuine KN95 Mask Up To 50% Off

Multilayer Mask Upgrade to KN95 today! Woman wearing kn95 filtration mask in public
 
It's time to upgrade your mask.
Unlike cloth or surgical masks, the KN95 Filtering mask filters a minimum of 95% of airborne pathogens before you breathe them in, including COVID-19. The mask offers a tight fit while being lightweight and breathable, offering multi-layer protection.
Save up to 50% off when you order a KN95 bundle, assuring you always have a clean mask. Upgrade today!
 
SHOP NOW
 
KN95 Mask product mask image
 
      

 

 

 

 

 

SDN8-Technical All Stars

301 Nw Eastman Pkwy Apt 103
Gresham, OR 97030-7219
Click here to end further messaging.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

?Chicken!? Damian taunted his best friend.

?I'm not a chicken dude, it's just I don't have a rich dad that gets me out of trouble every time I do things like this. I'm just trying to be the sensible one,? replied Jack not so happy that Damian had succeeded at hurting his pride.

?Chicken!? he repeated, knowing there was no need for the use of a better argument. ?I promise that if you do this with me, it'll be your turn the next time to choose what you want to do, no matter how boring and I'll even go with you to a museum if that's what you want?

?Ok, let's spend the night at the graveyard if that's what you want,? said Jack after letting out a huge sigh.

?Way to go man!? replied Damian full of joy.

To this day, no one was still sure how they had become friends. Being so different and all. I guess it had to do with the fact that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. That one time when that bigger kid Joe, had practically mopped the floor with Jack at almost the end of their freshman year and Damian had taken his mother's Taser gun with him to school, had been a real catalyst. Joe had tried to bully Damian too when they had just entered high school, being a rich kid and all. I guess Joe had expected to find no resistance from his new victim. Joe had been wrong. ?Rich doesn't mean soft? Damian said after punching Joe square on the nose causing a copious hemorrhage.

?Ok, when do we do it?? asked Jack

?It has to be today!? said Damian excitedly, ?it is Halloween, duh.?

?I knew you were going to say that,? Jack rolled his eyes. ?What are we going to need?? asked jack.

?A flashlight, some snacks, a sleeping bag or blanket, and I'll bring the beers and the cigarettes,? Damian expressed along with a mischievous smile. ?It'll be fun?

?But I don't have to drink, right?? asked Jack innocently.

?You don't have to drink, but I'm sure you will,? thought Damian as he just nodded. Damian had always found the way to persuade him to do things that could get them in trouble. In his mind, he wanted to make him strong like him so that no one ever stepped all over him again. The bottom line was, in his own little way, he really cared about his friend.

That night, Jack lied to his mother, another habit he had picked up from his friend.

?We're going to watch some scary movies and have a few snacks in his bedroom mom, we're not kids anymore as to go trick or treating. At least you don't have to worry about us being out in the streets ma,? Jack said as he hurriedly walked out the door in order to not let his mother look him in the eyes as he said it.

They met around the corner from Damian's house and Damian opened his back pack giving Damian a sneak peek of the ?treats? he had brought. ?From my father's bar,? he explained winking at Jack.

?Well, I just might have one or two,? said Jack. Damian was delighted to hear that.

Jumping the fence was easy for such young boys even if Jack wasn't the athletic type, since the only exercise he did was in PE class. Still his built was that of a runner, slim but solid. Damian on the other hand was a little shorter but more muscular since he did do a lot of weight training.

?Here,? Damian said handing out a beer to Jack as they made their way into the graveyard looking for the ideal spot to camp.

And then as if this were a haunted house and everything was controlled by special effects, a heavy fog came upon them. This made Damian feel a little excited and Jack a little scared. They kept walking looking for that special space and then they found it. A pair of nice little graves that seemed more like a garden than tombs. Soft grass covered them and they had flowers all around.

?Wow!? expressed the both of them at unison.

?I really doubt there will be a more suitable place than this one dude,? said Jack

?I agree.?

They set out camp and they got ready to have some fun. Then out of the same curiosity that characterizes every human being, they started reading the names and dates of death of the graves around them. Some very old, some just recent.

Amused by the discussion of how they thought each of these people had died, they overlooked the names on the graveyards they were camping on. Jack and Damian. No last names, just Damian and Jack.

?Dude, this is real creepy, look at that,? Jack said pointing at the two graves next to each other.

Damian shivered and stood there wide eyed. Not when he saw the names on the tombstones, but when he saw the dates

?October 31st, 2034,? Damian finally blurted out.

?What?? asked Jack puzzled as he hadn't noticed that little detail.

?Man, that's 15 years from now, look at the dates on the tombstones.

Jack started laughing ?Dumbass people, ha ha, they put the dates wrong.?

Damian relaxed a little and started laughing as well.

After that, it was all drinking and fun, telling stories and reminiscing about these last three years in school since they were now seniors. The one or two beers Jack had said he was going to have, magically transformed into six. Not being used to drinking, that made him pretty buzzed.

More beers and more cigarettes followed these and if they had paid attention to the graves, they would have noticed that the dates on there, now read October 31st, 2028.

?I dare you to get on top of that cross and jump to the next one without falling,? said Damian all of a sudden.

Completely encouraged by the alcohol in his system, Jack accepted the challenge, of course without success since he hit the floor with a thud falling on top of his right arm.

?You dumbass,? laughed Damian uncontrollably as Jack moaned. ?C'mon man, get up.? He urged.

But jack didn't get up. Not only had he landed on top of his arm, but also on top of the beer bottle he was holding, breaking it and wounding him badly.

Damian couldn't believe his eyes as he saw the blood gushing out the open wound when he tried to help him up. Fear is a real bad adviser and the first thought in his mind was to get the hell out of there. He knew his dad wasn't going to get him out of this one. He ran back to the place where they had set all their stuff down and started raising camp. Somehow, as if the stone had called out to him, he looked. The two tombstones read, October 31st, 2019. Terrified at this sight, Damian dropped everything he was trying to take with him, started walking away from the grave, tripped on a rock and fell in an open grave, breaking his neck.

If only they had taken the right decisions, the living stones would have kept their word.

 

Allegra

?Ouch,? I say as I pick myself up from the ground.

Being invisible has its perks, but it really does suck when people actually don't see you. I mean, who walks into somebody and doesn't even look to see if they're ok.

I ignore all my feelings and continue to my favorite class, History. It's last period and I wish I didn't have to go home. Today is Halloween. Meaning that in the small town of Cairage, Washington everybody would be going overboard for halloween. Except me. And it's not that I don't like Halloween because believe me, I do. I mean, at least before the accident that happened two years ago on this day. 

It had been like every other Halloween, just me and my parents about to go trick or treating. But my mother, being the kind person she was, decided we would go to the store to grab some candy to leave at our house. So, we all got in the car and headed to the store. Only, we didn't make it there.

It's been two years and I miss them so much. Ever since the accident, I don't go out, I don't have friends, and I don't do Halloween. I just want to get through highschool so I can get out of town as quickly as possible. I wasn't always so introverted. I had a lot of friends, but I distanced myself from everybody when my parents died. Most of them did the same except my best friend Jordan. He always tried to get me out and to make me feel better, but one person can only take so much before they give up.

I don't blame him.

Walking into History class, I know all eyes are on me. I sigh and sit in my seat, avoiding all eye contact. Thankfully though, my teacher, Mr. Higgins walks in and saves me from the pity.

?Alright class, so you know what today is,? he started before he saw me. He threw me a sad smile and continued.

?Today we will be talking about our city's history of Halloween. Does anybody have anything they want to share??

Nobody raised their hand, but I was feeling brave, so I raised my hand. I heard people gasp and Mr. Higgins looked a little surprised as well.

?Allegra?

?Well, I'm sure everybody knows about the haunted Graveyard at the edge of the woods. It's been said that whoever has been buried there, roams around at dusk on Halloween, haunting the kids who dare to go there,? I said and he smiled. I didn't tell everyone how my parents had died right next to the Graveyard and were buried there as well.

?I was hoping someone would bring that up.?

I gave him a small smile and started doodling on my notebook. I had already heard the stories and decided to tune everything out. They're just stories to scare kids from trespassing.

The bell rang, ending class, and so I grabbed my stuff and started walking out only to be tapped on the shoulder. I turn around and look into the familiar baby blue eyes that I have seen more times than I can count.

?Yes Jordan?? 

He ran his hand through his black hair, looking uncomfortable. Then looked around as if to see if any of his friends were there. Apparently the coast was clear. That's what happens when you ditch your loser best friend and come out of puberty looking like a Greek God. You end up getting more friends, and popularity.

?I just wanted to see how you're doing,? he replies.

?I'm fine, as usual.? 

?Oh ok. Well if you need to talk, I'm here.?

I nodded and turned away, hoping to avoid any more awkward conversations.

While Jordan got more busy, between being the captain of the football team and his new friends, we didn't have chances to talk. I wonder if someone dared him to come talk to the school freak. Probably.

I head straight to my locker and then home, just wanting to be safe and warm on the traumatic night. Of course there was a light drizzle, so I walked until the familiar faded green grass came into view. Walking up my steps, I open the door to the smell of cookies

?Grandma I'm home,? I yelled as I walked into the kitchen. Instantly, I saw the cookies and ran up to them. I shoved them into my mouth and grabbed a glass of milk. Still no reply from my grandma.

After my parents died, my grandma took me in and became my guardian. It was hard enough losing my parents, but imagine losing your daughter and son-in-law.

She must've gone to the Graveyard to talk to them. I would be doing the same in a few hours. Speaking of which, I need to go get some things for them.

I grab my purse and head back out, cursing mother nature for the rain. After 10 minutes, I got to the flower shop and walked in. The bells on the door rang as they had every other time I came here.

?The usual?? Marie, the owner and a sweet lady, asked. I nodded and looked around. I spotted the newspaper on the wall that had the story about my parents on the front cover. I looked at their picture and felt my eyes water. Hearing Marie talking to somebody, I walked to the register.

?Hey.?

?Here you go,? she said as she handed me the Red roses with baby breasts around it.

?I still have to pay.?

?Somebody already paid for it.?

?Who? My grandma must have.?

?Not your grandma. But I can't tell you, they specifically asked me not to,? she informed me.

I thanked her and grabbed my flowers. Next stop, the Graveyard.

 

Jordan

It has been two years since they died, but she seems happier now. It hurt when Allegra stopped talking to everyone and closed herself off. I loved her and just wanted to be there for her, but I knew I had to give her space.

I know this is creepy, but I followed her home and then to the flower shop. The same thing she's been doing for two years now. I saw her go to the back of the store, so I walked in towards the cashier.

?Hello, what can I get for you?? the lady behind the counter asked with a smile that seemed too happy for a day like this.

?I'm here to pay for her order. Red roses and baby breasts, right??

The lady nodded and I paid. I was about to leave when I turned back to the lady.

?Don't tell her who paid.?

 

Allegra

Walking to the Graveyard felt unreal. It was as if everything was numb and I didn't actually know what I was doing. It was also painfully slow. I had felt this every other time visiting my parents. A branch cracked and I spun around to see nothing.

Picking up my speed, I continued to the Graveyard. Once I got there, I went to my parents and sat down. Carefully, I place six roses on each of their tombstones. Then I split the baby breasts and styled them around the roses. 

?Hey mom, hey dad. It's been awhile. I'm sorry I don't visit you much, but I've been busy with school. I'm gonna get out of here and do something amazing, just for you guys,? I started, tears quickly forming. I continued to talk to them until Jordan came up.

?I guess now would be the time to tell you I still haven't made up with Jordan yet. I know, I know, it's just he's better off without me. He has new friends and seems happy. I will always put his happiness first. I talked to him today though. Yeah, it was really awkward, but it's a step.?

?He's not happy without you though,? I heard Jordan's voice say. I looked behind me and he was standing there, staring at me.

?What are you doing here?? 

?I um...well you see?? he tried to say

?You can tell me. Or can we not even tell each other the truth anymore.?

?I followed you and I know what you're going to say, but I've missed you. I've missed us, Allegra. Please. And I thought I should pay my respects as well.?

With that being said, he walked up and placed two small pumpkins at the tombstones. 

?You remembered??

?Of course. They always carved the best pumpkins for Halloween. I used to want to be your parents.?

I couldn't help but smile at the memory of the four of us carving pumpkins. My parents loved pumpkins and carving them, claiming it was the best tradition.

We both sat down and just stared at each other for a couple minutes. Finally, I decided to say something.

?So, how are you??

Seriously, ?so, how are you?? What are you, five? Get a grip Allegra. Hopefully he won't think I'm a total idiot.

Thankfully he just laughed and I knew my face turned red because he laughed harder.

?I'm doing okay. I would ask how you're doing but I already did earlier today. Can I ask you something??

I nodded.

?Why did you not want to be my friend anymore? Is it really because you think I'd be better off without you??

?Obviously. Look at you now. Star football player, straight A student, and you have good friends.?

He scoffed at the last part and I wanted to ask him what why, but decided against it.

?Yeah, well the only friend I truly want doesn't even want me,? he admitted, looking away.

?Why would you want me? I'm the freak who lost her parents and who has no friends. And I never said I didn't want you, you have no idea how much I want you.?

?Oh really?? he asked with a smirk. I furrowed my brows in confusion, until I realized what I said. I smacked his arm.

?Hey that's not what I meant. But seriously, that's what you got out of all of that??

?Yup. I knew you wanted me.?

Mmhm, sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night,? I said to him. Then I realised how dark it was

?I brought my car, so maybe we can hop in and talk there??

?Sounds good, just let me say goodbye.?

I walked over to my parents graves and kissed my hand and put it on them. ?I love you guys.?

I walked back to Jordan and got in his Blue Chevy Truck. He had pillows, blankets, and snacks.

?You planned this already??

?Of course I did. Did you forget who I was because I specifically remember you calling me Mr. Prepared for years,? he said and we both laughed. Wow, I laughed. I couldn't remember the last time I did that.

?You know what? I'm not surprised. This seems like something you'd do.?

?Yeah yeah, alright. Why don't we play a game??

?I don't have anywhere to be, so I'm down.?

?Ok, so I had this idea. I actually got it from what you said during class today, about how this cemeteries haunted. I figured we could wait out and see if we can catch anything, but answer questions about each other in the meantime.?

?Ok, but I don't want to be attacked by some ghost or something. So if we see something, we're out of here.?

He nodded and I relaxed into the seat, savoring his smell. From his cologne I meant, obviously, cause I'm not that crazy. My subconscious is laughing at me right now.

??Ok, I'll go first. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? You go first,? he said and I nodded, knowing exactly where.

?I want to go to Italy. It's where my family is from and I've always loved how beautiful it is. I mean, the culture is amazing as well.?

?I'd want to go to Greece. The nature there is beautiful and all the ancient statues and everything are amazing.?

?Yeah, I'd like to go there too, it seems really beautiful. Now, next question. If you could have any superpower for a day, what would you pick?? 

He scratched his chin and made his ?I'm thinking? face, that looked more like a ?I'm constipated? face. I chuckled a little, which caught his attention.

?What??

?Oh, it's just you make this face when you're thinking. It's really funny, it looks like you're constipated,? I told him and burst out laughing by the end. He pouted and I immediately felt bad. My eyes zeroed in on his lips, but then he coughed. I felt the blood rush to my face and quickly redirected back to our game.

?I would choose Necromancy. So I could talk to my parents,? I whispered. He looked at me with an emotion I couldn't identify, but then pulled me in for a hug.

We just sat there, hugging, until our arms were sore. We pulled back and stretched our arms at the same time. Laughing, we continued.

?I would want the power to make people happy, so I could make you happy.?

Nobody has ever said such nice things to me in a while. I knew he meant it too.

?Thank you, but you already make me happy.?

?You make me happy too. Listen I know things have been awkward for awhile, but I want us to be friends again.?

I thought about it, listing reasons why I shouldn't. I couldn't come up with any. These past two years, I have been through hell and back, and I finally get to be happy. I was about to mess it up. 

?I would love that.?

We continued talking and joking until we started getting tired. Right as we were about to fall asleep, I heard a noise outside of the truck.

The both of us shot up and jumped out of the car. I turned on my phone's flashlight and used it to look around.

?Come out,? I yelled. I heard a twig snapping to my left so I ran and saw a figure. Being the dummy I am, I jumped on the thing and tackled to the ground.

?I GOT IT, I GOT IT!? I yelled and pointed my flashlight to the person. It was Marie.

?Are you ok? What happened?? I could hear Jordan coming closer. He stopped in his tracks when he saw who it was.

?It's been you? All these years, you've been the one scaring kids.?

?Yes and I would do it again. These spoiled brats think it's ok to do whatever they want, but I wasn't going to let that happen,? she admitted and we were both shocked.

?I'm calling the cops.?

Yeah, well we ended up calling the cops and she got arrested. It was a huge thing, but not as big as what happened the next day. Because at school during lunch, I walked up to Jordan and all his friends and sat down at the table. Everybody was hesitant at first, but once we got used to each other we all got along.

 

A couple months later

Everything has been great. I've made friends and even got a boyfriend. Jordan ended up asking me out and then asking me to prom, which went amazing. Then to top it all off, I heard back from the colleges I applied to. I had gotten into the one I wanted and would be going there once my school year ended. 

For once in a long time, I am happy. I am loved and love who I am. And although Marie was arrested, the flower shop was still open and I would go there every once in a while to get flowers before going to my parents. 

It's crazy how much things can change in a matter of months, but I'm glad they did. I'm glad for that night I spent with Jordan in the Graveyard

No comments:

Post a Comment